Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Wiki In The Classroom

Hmm the Wiki for the class room I think I would use the Wiki in the classroom more for note taking and posting class schedules on it. I’m still a little skeptical of using Wikis in the classroom, But if I were to use it would be more of an interactive way for students to update notes and look at what is going to be going on in the classroom. I would also put lesson plans, reading and writing workshops and other helpful web links as well as video recourses. We use the computer and spell check so much that many students have forgotten how to spell, the technology we have is great but not all the time it works out great. I would expect my students to contribute to the note taking portion of the site outing notes in that will help other students who are not very good at taking notes. In this way students will help out their peers and learn from one another. This would be the student’s way to express their thought to other students and also post helpful lessons that helped them learn as well and links. The use of this technology in the classroom is still a working progress but maybe when I get done and start teaching; teachers and school districts will have a better understanding on how to use the wiki and blogs in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment